As a special agent on Santa’s Secret Team this year, I was asked by the mirthful old man himself to sleuth out a few stocking stuffers sure to please the travelers on your list. Here’s what I found on my trip around the local mall:
1) Give your wanderluster a magic carpet ride to the African continent with these Moroccan Mints. Not only will the mints help refresh travelers’ energy; the small tin will also evoke memories of previous journeys or inspire a future trip. Price: $3.95 at Teavana
2) With intoxicating fragrances like rose, honeysuckle and lavender, Bonne Mere soaps made by L’Occitane en Provence will soothe the weary traveler at day’s end. Price: $7.00 per bar
3) Help your favorite wayfarer remember the little details that make a trip so memorable with one of these popular mini-travel journals. Moleskin journals have a certain cachet among artists and writers, though how could you go wrong with these three mini-notebooks of Paris?
Price: Moleskin – $6.95 & $8.95, Pack of 3 Vue de Paris – $9.95, Papyrus
4) Every traveler needs a little music in her life. For the ultimate portable musical instrument, Santa suggests a harmonica to draw or drive away a crowd, depending on the musician. With a unique sound that transcends musical genres, the harmonica can easily fit in your traveler’s pocket and offer solace to a friend far away from home. Price: $6.95, Barnes & Noble
5) Okay, this last gift might be a tad too large for the Christmas stocking, but for wanderboomers who like to stay in shape on the road, the Gaiam Walking Fit Kit provides a handy solution. The audio CD includes a 35 or 45 minute walking workout to sculpt, tone and strengthen. Price: $9.99 (35 minute workout), Barnes & Noble
What great gifts under $10. for travelers have you found this year, Wanderboomers?