Inspired by Audrey Hepburn’s award-winning role in Roman Holiday and her love affair with “The Eternal City,” I can think of 5 great reasons to add Rome to my travel bucket list:
1) Visit Castel Sant’ Angelo to pay my respects to Puccini’s heroine,Tosca, who threw herself off the parapet after discovering her lover Cavaradossi has been killed.
Photo courtesy of edwin.11 – flickr
2) Throw a coin over my left shoulder with my back to the Trevi Fountain to ensure good fortune and a return visit.
Photo courtesy of Dark Rome Tours and Walks – flickr
3) Enjoy the Rome cafe scene.
Photo courtesy of peuplier – flickr
4) Consume Italian cuisine from pasta to gelato.
Photo courtesy of avlxyz – flickr
Photo courtesy of Roller Coaster Philosophy – flickr
5) Hear Italian spoken by the locals.
How would you like to spend your time in Rome, wanderboomers?